Monday 21 April 2014

Happy 10th Birthday LOTV!

Hello lovely people,

I took the opportunity of the extra crafting time over the Easter break to make a card to celebrate LOTV's 10th birthday and for a couple of challenges.  I decided on a shabby chic look so the edges of the DP have been distressed, inked and stitched.  I also stamped a little scroll detail in 2 corners.


I experimented with a few new things on this card, one of which was adding a little pull-out tag.  Its a great way to add an extra little message and makes the card more interactive :-)


I also added lots of pretty flowers and another first for me... some pins to add to the shabby chic look.


This is one of the older LOTV stamps in my collection but I like to go back and make sure the older ones get loved too!
Of course, the shabby chic feel wouldn't be complete without a little scattering of Frantage so that's in there too!


Card recipe;
DP: Vintage summer/autumn basics - Maja Designs
Flowers: all from Wild Orchid Crafts
Seam binding / twine: The Ribbon Girl
Large tag: cut by hand and letters are a Quick Kutz die alphabet

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/50/000/51/21 & R30
Hair: E42/43/44
Cake: YR30/E81/E41
Top / candle: B41/91/93/95
Skirt / cake icing: RV91/93/95
Flame: Y21/23/YR23
Wings: RV0000/000/91/93
Ground: T0/1/2/3/4

I hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend :-)  I have been up to my parents with Dr Hubby and my brother and his girlfriend were there too.  We had a lovely time including an Easter egg hunt - you are never too old for one of those!  Ooh, and I made some mocha cupcakes decorated with mini eggs...yum!


Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

Challenges I am entering;
1.  LOTV (10th birthday card)
2. Inky Chicks (shabby chic)
3.  Bunny Zoe's Crafts (distress)

12 comments:

  1. What a poppet Kat, such pretty colours and fab finishing touches too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is gorgeous hun, love the colours. Mmmmm cake. Like cake. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kat..superb colouring and love the papers and hidden tag and those cakes look so yum!!..hope you had a Happy Easter..sounds like it.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Kat. I love the sweet image coloured so beautifully to match those pretty papers. The pull tag is a lovely touch and your flowers are arranged beautifully too.
    Glad you had a good Easter, your cake look delicious!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gorgeous card Kat love the delicateness, and Mocha cupcakes you bake too.... haha GREAT! glad you had a great Easter too!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous with a capital G. I love the colours and the shabby chic look.I love using pins and was thinking yesterday I haven't used any for too long so will be remedying that. Those cakes look goon enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful b-day card, Kat. Love the colors. :)
    Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a stunning card, I love everything about it! Your tag looks gorgeous and the stamped scroll corners are a lovely touch. Love your new pins! I've finally ordered some Maja papers! Your cakes look delicious - hope you had a lovely Easter.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm... cupcakes! They look scrummy! Love your card, it's just SO pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Kat... you've done it again!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this one... it has everything I like wrapped up on one card!

    And then there's those cupcakes......... I could just manage one of those..... !!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've coloured the image so very beautifully and I love what you've done with the tag too. It's an adorable card! Thanks for playing with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, Kat! I love the blue and purple colour combination, it looks fabulous!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley '10th Birthday' Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)