Thursday 4 September 2014

Explosion of pink

Hello lovely people,

Before I get on to business I want to say sorry for not being around much lately and not visiting all your fabby blogs as much as I would like.  I'm having a bit of a busy period and will be round to see you all soon :-)
Thanks also to all my wonderful new followers and I'm so happy to have you here!

Ok, the main reason I'm here is, of course, that it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this month is...

BUTTONS AND BOWS

A little while ago I made an explosion box card for someone in work and another colleague saw it and promptly comissioned TWO of them for her daughters' birthdays.  So, here is the first one.  To be honest I think it will be a bit unappreciated by a 2 year old but hopefully the adults will like it!


As with the previous one, the butterflies are 'floating' on acetate strips around the little fairy.  You can see that a little better in the close up here...


I'm sure you're eager to see this super cute fairy close up so here she is...


In case you're also eager to see the 'construction work' then here's a shot to show the inside with the 2 struts that I attached everything to...


Card recipe;
DP: American Crafts
Tag: Sentiment tags - LOTV
Scalloped edge: Martha Stewart double dot edge punch
Grass / butterflies: cut with Cricut

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E21/25/29
Dress / shoes: V20/22/25
Flowers / dress frill: R30/R21/R32/R22
Mushroom: E40/41/42 & E42/43/44

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.  And don't forget to give a warm welcome to our two new Pink Ladies :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Challenges I am entering;
1.  A Gem of a Challenge (It's summer time)

11 comments:

  1. Awww what a cutie, love the floating butterflies too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh another fabulous explosion of loveliness! And such wonderful colouring too.... perfect!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to admit that normally I really don't like these pop-up box card thingies... Just not my thing.
    But this is GORGEOUS! The butterflies are perfect, and accentuate rather than detract from the adorable image. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous creation. I personally adore making and seeing these pop up card boxes, love the added goodies, and your cute image used.xx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kat, your colouring of the sweet image is stunning and I love all your pretty detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous popup box love your image and your fabulous colouring. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous and I love the Wryn image. I've still not tried one of these pop up cards. It's really lovely and the perfect colour.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super colouring...great pop up card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Kat, beautiful image and the butterflies look so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous creation! The butterflies are stunning and I love this sweet image!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)