Tuesday 17 February 2015

Fairy pretty

Hello lovely people,

I was working at the weekend and then had yesterday off, which was spent mostly reading my book and colouring - so relaxing!

Now, this usually leaves me with absolutely no idea what day of the week it is but I did manage to remember that it is Tuesday and therefore time for a new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

We have a lovely theme for you this time...

RUBBER STAMPS ONLY

We also have a lovely sponsor for you; it's the fabulous Bunny Zoe's Crafts with a £10 voucher


As you can probably tell this card is for my niece and I just hope she isn't upset that it isn't Frozen themed!

I went all out on the pretty girly colours and details though :-)


Can you believe that I hadn't actually inked up this cutie yet?

I decided to add a little shading around the image here but it is pretty subtle so not sure you can see it too well, but it does help to 'anchor' the image a little bit.


As usual I threw a load of flowers at the card to see what stuck and I especially love the little rosebuds - so cute :-)

I also dug out the Frantage as the corners looked a wee bit bare but I didn't want to add any more embellishments.


Card recipe;
DP: Vintage Spring basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Tags: Sentiment tags - LOTV and Family sentiment tags - LOTV
Dies: Stitch border - Marianne Design
Letters for name: magazine freebie stamps
Frantage: shabby white - Stampendous (available from Live and Love Crafts)

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E50/53/55
Dress / shoes: V20/22/25/28
Wings / socks: V0000/000/RV91
Big mushroom: RV91/93/95 & BV0000/000
Small mushroom: V20/22/25 & V0000/000
Mushroom stalks: W00/1/2
Grass: G40/YG61/63
Stars: YR30/31
Moon: W0/1/blender
Shading round image: BG0000/000/blender

I hope you will pop over to Top Tip Tuesday and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team and there are some great tips for you too :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Challenges I am playing along with;
1.  Bunny Zoe's Crafts (for the girls)
2.  As You Like It (CAS or fussy - I do like both styles but my faves are definitely the fancy ones because I love lots of layers of DP and adding pretty flowers)
3.  Winter Wonderland (for a child)
4.  Sweet Stampin' (inspired by a song - Twinkle twinkle little star!)

21 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and such beautiful colours and embellishments.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and your colouring...once again superb. Love the blues and purples. I am sure your niece will adore this card, a real keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that all little girls love Frozen but also know she's going to love this card just as much or more. Beautiful! Love the subtle shading and the design you used. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Kat, I love the sweet image, stunning colouring and beautiful detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute! Those shrooms color combo is awesome! :) Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous Kat, I love the spot of frantage too. Fab image and I'm sure your niece will love it.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Kat, this is so pretty I could die! Guess who watched Despicable me at the weekend. Again! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Kat - love that sweet LOTV image and perfect detailing.
    Looking forward to our coffee morning tomorrow :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous from top to bottom Kat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so adorable Kat...gorgeous colouring and love the layers and papers which are stitched so perfectly..gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Kat, what a sweet image and so nicely coloured (as always). Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely Kat - those papers are just so pretty and your image tones so beautifully - love it! hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pretty image and fabulous colours. I love all your detail and stitching. We all must have stamps that have never been inked, just need more time to play! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh this is just soooooo gorgeous Kat... the colour palette you used is just so perfect for the image (which I have to admit, also sits neglected on my desk too!) I've popped it straight onto my Pinterest inspiration board, and will certainly try to use that colour combo soon!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favourite LOTV stamps. She is adorable and beautifully coloured. Pretty design too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my favourite LOTV stamps. She is adorable and beautifully coloured. Pretty design too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice, Kat! Beautiful coloring and perfect composition! I just recently bought a few more LOTV, we need another rubber stamp challenge...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. really pretty card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, Kat, Elin is sure to LOVE this piece of gorgeousness (even if it is not Frozen).

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kat your creations are always so beautiful and this is no exception I LOVE it your shading is awesome too!
    Also Congrats on your win at As You Like It too!
    great to see you there! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)