Sunday 1 March 2015

Beer!

Hello lovely people,

I am now back in the UK after my fantastic skiing trip; we were really lucky to have good snow, mostly good weather and no major injuries!

I took a break from all my pretty embellies to create this CAS card for my sister-in-law's husband; I'm pretty sure this is more up his street than flowers and lace!

There's no escaping the stitching though!

CAS card featuring birds with beer bottle

I spent a while looking at images of bottles and working out how to colour it to look realistic and shiny and am really quite pleased with how it came out.

And yes, the recipient is a fan of real ale!

CAS card featuring birds with beer bottle

Card recipe;

Copic colours;
Bottle: YR27/E17/19/39/29
Foam: YR30/31
Label (green bits): G24/28/29
Label (red bits): R27/46/39
Label (cream bit): YR30/31
Birds: YR30/31/23/24/E35
Bird tummies: YR30/31 & YR24/27 for spots
Bird eyelids: YR24/27
Bird eyes: B0000/000/blender
Pretzel: YR27/E17/19
Ground: W00/0/1/2/3/4/5

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend; I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
1.  A Gem of a Challenge (CAS)
2.  Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)
3.  Papertake Weekly (Take your pick - I used Kraft)

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous coloring on that cute image! WOW! This is perfect for a guy and the bottle looks real. Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Kat! super cute card, what amazing coloring...WOW..perfect! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colouring of that bottle Kat and a great card to boot|! Glad you enjoyed your trip and back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugely impressed by the colouring Kat, you've done a great job on a great card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, such a great image and stunning colouring. I love your CAS design too.
    Glad you had a good holiday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous cas card Kat. Love the layout and fab image.
    Glad to hear you had a good holiday
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kat - just perfect for a real ale lover hug Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colouring Kat..what a great fun image.Really impressed with the shine on that bottle..awesome.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kat... so different for you and sooooooo fabulous! That bottle looks so real... well done you on the perfect colouring!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous coloring - especially the bottle looks super real.

    I would like to invite you to join our weekly Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt or our FREE Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps. Please check it out - it´s fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fab colouring Kat, the bottle looks amazing.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colouring on the bottle Kat, it looks real to me. Glad you had a lovely holiday and recharged your batteries.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic male card - your colouring is stunning!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A perfect CAS card and fabulous colouring...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of a Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous card, a brilliant image and lovely CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)