Thursday 14 May 2015

I {heart} sewing

Hello lovely people,

Hmmm, I wish the weather would make up it's mind; one minute I'm in shorts and the next I'm popping the heating back on!
At least all the pretty flowers in the garden are doing well and my tomatoes are rocketing away :-)

But you didn't drop by for a weather report and it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink where our theme this time is...

STITCHING

This can be real or faux, it's up to you!

I love to stitch on my cards but thought I'd use the theme in a slightly different way and have a play with an MDF heart to create a sewing themed decoration.


You can't see in the photo but I painted the back and sides of the heart with white acrylic paint and covered the front with pretty paper, which I sanded slightly around the edge.

Then it was the fun part of adding all the little details...the heart is only 8cm across so I managed to get quite a few on there!


I was excited to use one of the teeny wooden bobbins I picked up at the Hobbycrafts show especially when I found just the right shade of thread to wind onto it!


The quote was typed on the computer and printed onto scraps of DP.

Given my love of stitching on my cards it is rather ironic that the stitching isn't real this time but I didn't want anything to stop the DP sticking really nice and flat to the heart.



Heart recipe;
DP: Vintage Summer basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Seam binding: Pink tulip - The Ribbon Girl
Dies: Timeless rectangles - Spellbinders
Tape measure: freebie stamp with magazine
Pins: Teardrop ivory pearlised pins - The Ribbon Girl
Charm: Silk cord spool - Live and Love Crafts
Buttons / pearls: from stash

I had so much fun decorating this heart and can't wait to do another one!
Maybe a baby or wedding one?

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.
We are also welcoming the lovely and very talented Sue to our DT; you may remember her from her gorgeous guest designer cards and we are delighted to have her on board permanently :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


36 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heart and such lovely themed details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Kat, such a pretty design, gorgeous detailing and I love the sentiment.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat
    Love your heart beautifully decorated... Stunning
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You knew Zi would love this, just my sort of thing and the sewing theme is perfect, love the bobbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your heart! All the details are so perfect. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I completely and totally love it. Such pretty colours and such lovely details.
    I would absolutely hang this up in my (eventual) craft room, and I know my dress-maker aunt would adore it too.
    And baby and wedding ones sound like a great idea too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love this Kat - all the beautiful details are just perfect.
    I know what you mean about the weather - it's a pain in the behind but at least the garden is loving it.
    Have a fab day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Kat... the more I look at this, the more I love it!! Such wonderful details - that little bobbin and the wonderful little charm, not to mention the little tape.... and those Maja Design papers are so perfect for it!

    I do have some MDF hearts (amongst other MDF things bought from shows that I really shouldn't own up about) in my cupboard... I really must have a go at putting something together like this... maybe you need to come and teach me?? Or maybe just send me your next one!! hehe!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful....so (sew)...sorry! pretty and perfect in every way. Looking forward to seeing some more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so beautiful Kat! Love the paper and gorgeous embellies!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created a beautiful decorated hanging heart Kat, love the papers, flowers and pretty details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, lovely decoration Kat. So beautifully thought out and there is so much to look at. That diddy spool is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beautiful heart is fabulous, Kat! I always love anything with a sewing theme...and this is wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Heart Kat, love the colours and the design is stunning. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous plaque Kat. The bobbin looks adorable too. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fabulous Kat, Love the sewing theme. No wonder you're itching to do another, it's turned out lovely.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning make Kat, love the gorgeous colours and very pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kat, this is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it. Your lovely and original design is totally adorable and everything is so perfectly and beautifully finished. A big thank you from me too for your lovely warm pink welcome...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous project! I love everything about that heart x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kat this is stunning I can't believe it is your first decorated heart it is just brilliant. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely amazing. I love it, it is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful....love it! I have 20 hearts in a drawer somewhere, just crying out for attention, you've given me some inspiration, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my Kat this is lovely
    Fantastic project
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kat! This is fantastic. Sooo pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love this gorgeous heart, it's stunning

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beyond exquisite! It is just so eye-poppingly gorgeous. There are so many fantastic details and I love every one of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have just stumbled across your blog and I am glad I did, your cards are beautiful. I love this heart and the mini cotton reel is so cute :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Kat this is simple beautiful, I just love everything about it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I am glad to hear your tomatoes are doing well and your flowers, as you know I was hit by frost so I am hoping for better weather too!

    now to your awesome heart its so pretty! YES I know it's pink! but it's beautifully done sweetie, have an awesome weekend, hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Kat, your heart is stunningly beautiful...both this one that you have decorated to perfection, and your own sweet heart!

    The colours are in my favourite 'dusky' shades, and I am amzed that you have placed so many gorgeous embellishments on such a tiny object without making them look cluttered in any way. I LOVE it!

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. So gorgeous Kat..love the papers and little cotton reel and all the other details..just beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is just fabulous Kat - love the sewing theme and all your pretty embellishments are just perfect.

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is great and such a lovely idea. This heart would make the perfect gift for any sewer or just to hang in 'my' sewing room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)