Sunday 31 May 2015

Ruby wedding anniversary

Hello lovely people,

I've had a weekend packed with celebrations; firstly my parents' 40th wedding anniversary and then my sister-in-law's 40th birthday.

I decided to take the plunge and make an exploding box card for my parents' anniversary card so here's what it looks like from the outside...


I kept the outside fairly simple and used several different flowers to make a little 'bouquet' on the top.


Since 40 years is ruby I wanted to use some red in the design...now, that is a colour that I have very little of in my paper collection!

I made the most of a small leftover piece of gorgeous Maja Design heart paper and scrounged together a few scraps of plain red - just enough for the heart centrepiece and a few heart stems!


The heart centrepiece is made from strips of paper and is held in place with a rather large blob of glue, which I hid with a whole heap of flowers!


The little heart stems are a real favourite die of mine and I think they look so cute 'tied' with a twine bow.



Card recipe;
DP: Vintage baby - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts) and scraps of red from stash
Tag: Sentiment tags - LOTV
Dies: Circle stax - MFT Die-namics, Vintage lace - Magnolia Doohickey, Heart stems - Impression Obsession, Tiny heart set - Memory box, scalloped circles - Spellbinders I think!
Sentiments: done on computer (font - Kayleigh)

I am pleased to say that my parents loved this 'card' and we had a wonderful time celebrating their special anniversary.
I'll have more cards from the weekend to share with you soon!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Challenges I am entering;
1.  Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)
2.  A Gem of a Challenge (flowers)

24 comments:

  1. I am officially in awe!!!! OMG! This is so beyond stunning! I don't know where to start with this delicious creation. Firstly, those papers are beautiful. The centre piece heart creation is a joy and the flowers are stunning. This is the first truly elegant exploding box I have ever seen. It is a complete joy and I bet your parents were thrilled. I shall now go drool elsewhere!! Big hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat
    This is fabulous... You are so talented ... Love the Papers and the Heart is fabulous....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your posts Kat, but this has to be one of my favourite projects of yours....It is beyond divine, so so beautiful, absolutely stunning...

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is truly stunning Kat. Your design is so beautiful and your detailing is breath-taking. I am sure your parents will treasure such a special gift.
    I am pleased you have had an enjoyable weekend of celebration.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is stunning. Love all the little details and the centre heart piece is fabulous. Glad you had an enjoyable weekend.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning,what more can I say love all of this just beautiful Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Kat, this is just so beautiful and I know your parents will treasure it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful Kat..I love the centre heart and the gorgeous flowers...stunning..
    Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad...

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous exploding anniversary box for your parents! It is well worth the effort that I am sure it must have taken to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Anniversary box, so beautifully decorated. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is so stunning and so beautofully made too. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is absolutely amazing Kat, bet they were thrilled to bits.
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful keepsake for your parents! I especially love that heart in the centre…so clever! I bet they loved it.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Stunning Kat! A beautiful 'card' for your parents to treasure always. I love these exploding boxes, I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them and guess where yours in going??
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning creation Kat...love all the little details you have added...a truly memorable keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a real showstopper Kat and I bet Mum and Dad were thrilled to have such a wonderful keepsake xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kat, you are such a clever and talented lady. This creative card is absolutely beautiful and no wonder your parents were thrilled with it. I love everything about it - your gorgeous paper choice and so pretty flower sprays with the pretty red heart details...all truly divine...you are a real inspiration and I hope you had a fab weekend celebrating...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning creation sweetie!! <3 Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Kat, this is simply stunning! And I'm not at all surprised your parents loved it. Just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again Kat.
    I am so pleased to have another chance to look at your stunning exploding box card so that I can thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, beautiful Wedding exploding box card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG it's stunning Kat. Sooooo beautiful. And that heart is so perfect. I don't know how you got the heart to stay in shape so well, but it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Still catching up on your blog Kat! I keep showing this off to friends as it is so amazingly beautiful & I am so proud of such a clever daughter. Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, it is just a lovely post. That exploding box card is outstanding. You are really very creative my friend. I am getting married at a glorious wedding venue in Los Angeles. Could you please share some DIY decoration ideas for my wedding?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)