Thursday 25 June 2015

To have and to hold

Hello lovely people,

I really didn't feel like I achieved much on my day off yesterday but some days just feel like that.
However, the weather was so lovely and sunny that I sat outside and had my first ice cream of the year... a white mini Magnum... yummy :-)
Does that count as an achievement?!

Ok, stop thinking about ice cream...it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this time is...

VINTAGE / SHABBY CHIC

Our fabulous sponsor this time is Dies to Die For with an amazing prize of a £15 voucher


I decided to make a wedding card as I think they really suit the vintage/shabby chic style, especially with my favourite big sentiment stamp.


I ran over all the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and rolled a couple of corners up...even adjusting my stitching to ensure the back was as neat as the front!
In case anyone is wondering, the back usually doesn't look like this because I do backstitch.


I found this beautiful new trim in a little shop during my Yorkshire trip and I don't really know what to call it, but it's like the finest soft hessian...really lovely :-)

I added a couple of wooden hearts and a liberal sprinkling of pearls to finish!


Card recipe;
DP: Vintage Spring and Autumn basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Trim / pearls / wooden hearts: from stash

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
Creative Inspirations (your favourite - just about everything on this card (lol!)...my fave DP brand and my fave wedding stamp to name just 2)
Fussy and Fancy (distressed or Aurora Wings image)
Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)

27 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunner. The stitching looks fab. Love all the embellies and the shabby chic looks is one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kat what a gorgeous wedding card. I love the design and the colours. Fabulous vintage look and love the distressing. I love Magnum white ice creams and you sound as if you really enjoyed it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Kat. Your design is so soft and pretty. I love the papers and gorgeous detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous and stunning hunny! Toad says I have to stop looking at your work because every time I do, I tell him that I NEED a sewing machine, lol!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely stunning! Your stitching is amazing! Love the papers and your new hessian trim yum!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Kat. I admire your patience with the stitching. I cheat and use my sewing machine for mine!
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo perfect! I love those papers - I had some and it took me ages to use them as they were just tooooo lovely ;-) Love these word stamps. Lovely vintage feel with the lace. Aww, yummy! Hugs, Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do this style so well Kat, love the papers and stitching details. A perfect wedding card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, you are brilliant and i really don't know where to start with this stunning card because I love everything about it.

    I love the layers all beautifully stitched with those lovely rolled corners and the pearls peeping out.
    The hessian trim is totally divine and along with the carefully matched tiny roses just looks gorgeous.

    You have put everything together beautifully and your Shabby Chic theme is about as perfect as it can get...

    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous wedding card Kat and I would love to get my hands on that hessian it's gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning plus! SO gorgeous Kat.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunner Kat - love the sentiment and fabulous detailing. The trim is beautiful and the pearls are a perfect finishing touch.
    Mmmmmmm White Magnums - my favourite - will treat myself a few of them whilst on holiday :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunner Kat - love the sentiment and fabulous detailing. The trim is beautiful and the pearls are a perfect finishing touch.
    Mmmmmmm White Magnums - my favourite - will treat myself a few of them whilst on holiday :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kat this is beautiful, I love the papers and all the details, the curled corner with pearls looks stunning. I love it! thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this week.
    hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kat
    Fabulous card... Love that Stamp... But never purchased it ... It really makes a statement ... Will head over and buy it...
    Love all your embellies
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Kat, love the papers and embellishments.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Kat. This is gorgeous. You do shabby chic so well hun! Love the rolled corner and that sweet cluster of pearls hidden there. My fav' papers too! Love, love, LOVE these Maja Design papers. Also really loving that delish scalloped edge hessian style binding. Just an utterly delish card all over! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deep sigh...so absolutely beautiful! Perfect papers and elements. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning sweetie, I love this creation and the colours you have chosen :0) hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful card. I admire shabby chic style of cards. Something I just cannot do. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well you really have made such a stunning job of this one Kat - exceptional detail with the curled corners and pearls, and the beautiful vintage paper, all surrounding that wonderful sentiment!

    I haven't found your hessian trim yet - I did have a peek in Duttons for Buttons in Harrogate on Wednesday, but no luck! Next time I get to Skipton I'll look for the mystery trimmings shop and get you some if I find it!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello Kat! I am luvin this distressed and layered card, soooo lovely! I am having a giveaway on my blog, stop by and comment for your chance at winning.....
    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/06/shine-on-giveaway.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. A super cute creation! I love the colour tones and Maja are my favourite's too! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGOSH!!! This is FABULOUS!! I soooo love all the details. Love the paper, and the curled up edges with the pearls underneath. Actually, I love EVERYTHING about this card! Just Fabulous details! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How did I miss this beauty Kat...just gorgeous and love the size of your stitch..when I stitch you cannot even see it..gorgeous papers and colours and love the sentiment stamp...beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a stunner, I love that curly uppy corner x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your win at Creative Inspirations with this beautiful card Kat. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)