Sunday 30 August 2015

Krafty Mr Snowman

Hello lovely people,

It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so I am making the most of it!
I was once again sampling some tasty beers at a beer festival yesterday and the weather was pretty good for it; fairly warm and no rain - hurrah!
I started today with a lovely cooked breakfast, which powered me through cleaning the bathroom, and then I've been doing some colouring.

Speaking of colouring, I do have a card for you and today I'm showcasing some LOTV products as part of the Design Collective.  I'm still on a roll with my Christmas cards so here's number 3...


I added die cut snowflakes under the ribbon to create a border effect.



I liked this design so much that I did another version with a few little twists, using different DP, twine instead of ribbon and a different tag sentiment.

Version 2.0 also has a little line of Stickles on the snow and since it looked good, I went back and added it to the first one after the photos were taken!



Do you have a favourite?  I still can't decide which I like best!

Either way I can say for sure that I love this cute snowman and he is sure to feature on a few more Christmas cards this year!




Card recipe;
Tags: Christmas sentiment tags - LOTV
Dies: Small snowflake die set - Impression Obsession

Copic colours;
Snowman: W00/0/1/3
Hat: W6/7/9/110
Branches: E43/44/47
Nose: YR16/18
Red: R27/46/39/59
Light teal: BG45/49
Dark teal:BG09/B99

I'm back off to my craft room for a bit, then a roast dinner later and maybe watching a film :-)
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend whatever you are up to!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
A Gem of a Challenge (do you wanna build a snowman?)
Addicted to Stamps (die cuts)

24 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, Great snowman cards , love the backing papers and fab colouring on the snowman, enjoy your dinner and film. Hugs JENNIFER XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both fab Kat, great layout and I love the snowflake border. The first one just pips the post as my favourite as I love red gingham.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favourite things (three if I include you) - that snowman and those papers. Gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabukous colouring and love this snowman. I agree with Squirrel, love kraft and snowmen and you too. And my with my DT hat on thanks for playing in my challenge ate agoac. Sounds like you had a lovely day, we just watched a film, Olympus has fallen, really exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He certainly is cute too. He's a lovely little chappie and your colouring is also beautiful. Love both of these cards.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, one of my all time favourite snowmen and I love what you've done with him.....brilliant!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kat, I love the image, stunning colouring and beautiful design.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kat..your colouring is just superb...I wish my results came halfway to those. Your card is gorgeous...oh how you seem to fit so much into a day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat
    Fabulous card... Love that image... Beautifully coloured...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Kat, I love the sweet snowman and a fab design to tweek around with too!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend hun :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are having such a great weekend Kat...mine is over and back to work today..[ sad face]..I love your adorable snowman and love the branches for arms..fab colouring..awesome.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you're having a fab weekend. I love your card Kat. It's stunning, the colouring is amazing.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I think both are fabulous Kat... I don't think I can choose a favourite - your colouring is perfect on both too!

    Glad you enjoyed yourself on Saturday - I thought you may have a bit of a head on Sunday morning after spending the day at the beer festival... you did look comfy there!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'm ready for Christmas! So beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are very lovely Kat. Thank you so much for joining our challenge Stamps & die cuts. Veerle DT member Addicted to stamps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat, these cards are both absolutely gorgeous. Your colouring of that super snowman is breathtaking - you have such a wonderful depth of colour - just beautiful. Your card designs are so inspirational I can't choose between them...Sounds like you had an absolutely fab day all that wonderful food and crafting! Tummy rumbles this end!!!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous cards Kat - love that adorable snowman and the LO is brilliant - may have to 'borrow' that idea :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful sweetie love the colours too hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a sucker for a cute snowman & yours is just adorable! Great design & beautiful colouring!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are gorgeous. Love both designs and your colouring is beautiful.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this card Kat. The kraft paper with the icy border is such a great idea and really makes your image pop. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geez girl, you have so much depth to your colouring and we all want to be able to colour like you when we grow up!
    The kraft paper really makes this pop... I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a fabulous card, such a fun snowman.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet snowman image. Love your colouring on this and the kraft and white backdrop is fabulous. Love your stitching as always. Seriously need to set up my sewing machine. Oh for more room in my crafty space! LOL. Gorgeous card Kat, love it. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)