Thursday 12 November 2015

Pink bauble

Hello lovely people,

For those of you keeping up with my exploits as part of my prescribing course I spent most of yesterday learning to take a full medical history from patients and practised my 'skills' on 3 poor unsuspecting victims patients!
Today I shall be writing up my notes from that and also an essay on consent and confidentiality...oh what fun!

Speaking of fun, and not in an ironic way, it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme for this one is...

FANCY FOLD / SHAPE

So, that's any kind of folded design, a card with folding detail or any shaped design that's not a square or rectangle...with more pink than any other colour of course!

We are sponsored this time by The Hobby House with a £10 voucher

I picked up some MDF baubles at the NEC Hobbycrafts show and couldn't wait to have a play so here's my slightly shabby chic  bauble decoration...

MDF bauble decorated in pink with snowflakes


I used my favourite little snowflake dies and added some gems...the sparkler on the biggest snowflake also came from the NEC and I LOVE...good job I bought a few ;-)

MDF bauble decorated in pink with snowflakes


Project recipe;
DP: Vintage frost basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Ribbon: from stash
Twine: Natural button twine - The Ribbon Girl
Bell: Jingle bells silver 10mm - The Ribbon Girl
Dies: Circle stax and Dainty dot - MFT Die-namics, Small snowflake die set - Impression Obsession
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Gems: from stash

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
to be added

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kat, I love the shabby chic look. The papers are beautiful, might have to invest in some of those!
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely and gorgeously decorated bauble Kat. I bought some of these too but haven't got to them yet :/ I love the papers and that sparkler is stunning.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely FABULOUS Kat... I love how you put it together with that beautiful paper and the perfect sentiment for it (which is in my files somewhere too!) The snowflakes and gems finish it off perfectly.

    I tend to buy the MDF pieces at the shows, then they sit at the bottom of a cupboard waiting....... and waiting....... I really need to get to actually USE them sometime! What do you use to stick paper to MDT? I know ModPlodge used to be a favourite - but maybe times have moved on! LOL

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this is lovely Kat - think I may NEED some of these?! My tree is needing a bit of an update and I love the soft, vintage feel of the papers and colours you'ved used...does this mean a complete tree overhaul?!! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bauble Kat love the colours. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Kat - love the DP's and pretty detailing - right up my street :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Love the papers (still stroking mine...2 years on!!I know, I should get a life) and the dazzler looks brilliant. Good luck with the essay, I sympathise!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat, this is really beautiful. I never even consider decorating anything other than card! You have made an exquisite and truly inspirational project here - the vintage theme is perfectly done wit those wonderful papers, twine and the little bauble - I am off to check my own Pink Petticoat file because that sentiment looks gorgeous and if it is n't in my 'stuff'...it should be!

    Hope the essay has gone well - big relief for you when you have finished it!

    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Kat, love the shape and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Kat. I was tempted to pick up some Mac shapes when I was at the NEC but didn't. I wish I had now!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Kat, I really love those papers and the sentiment is perfect. Fab font on it. It's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)