Thursday 19 November 2015

Sparkle bubble tree

Hello lovely people,

It's time for a new challenge at As You Like It and our theme this time is...

YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON
...and don't forget to tell us why it's your favourite!

Our sponsor this time is Sweet and Sassy Stamps

My favourite season for card making is winter because I love all the festive images, beautiful snowflakes and of course, adding lots of sparkle to my creations.
I only usually start making my Christmas cards in October/November but I LOVE doing them and always end up with way more Christmas supplies than I need!
This fabulous stamp I got at the NEC Hobbycrafts show is a case in point because I really didn't need any more Christmas stash but I fell in love with it and *had* to have it!
I think this image could be used all year round for other occasions too so it was totally worth getting it ;-)

Winter sparkle tree (Bubble tree from Woodware)

I made the card candy dots myself using a new die and teamed them with glittered Copic coloured dots, pearls and Nuvo crystal drops; I really love this mix of different textures :-)

Winter sparkle tree (Bubble tree from Woodware)


I am so excited to try this in some different colours...pink maybe?!

Card recipe;
Image: Bubble bloom festive tree - Woodware
DP: Winter wonderland - Joy Crafts (from Noor! Design)
Dies: Lovely fence - Magnolia Doohickeys, Dotties - Presscut
Sparkle: Crystal Glamour Dust
Blue pearl dots: Wedgewood blue Nuvo crystal drops - Tonic Studios

Copic colours;
BG70 & BG72

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
to be added

20 comments:

  1. This is a beauty Kat, love your colour choice here and the fence is a lovely touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on this card are gorgeous, I must take a look at that paper pad :)
    A beautiful CAS card design Kat with that very pretty stamp and candy baubles. Love it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kat, I love the colours and all the different textures/patterns on the baubles. Your handmade card candy dots look amazing, I thought you'd bought them :)
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kat! I love the wonderful dimension you've added to it! Really lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this simle card. It would be great in many colours. Fab candy dots. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Kat, love that tree and the fabulous decoration. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that fabulous tree Kat... and your own handmade candy! Like you, I need NO MORE Christmas stash - but yet still buy more.......... and more........ but what the heck.... it'd be boring if I just went to the shops and bought a couple of boxes of cards for £5 or £6.... but hey, hang on, I did that too!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Kat, I love how you've decorated each circle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its gorgeous Kat, love your new stamp and the fab colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, this is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. I absolutely adore it. Your card design is fabulous, I love all the texture you have created with that wonderful candy dots die, glittered copics and little dots. Your colour choice is beautiful with that muted blue and touches of kraft.

    Kat you are fabulously clever and talented lady - this card is exquisite in every detail.

    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is just beautiful Kat..I love the candy dots and sparkle and the pearls and with the little fence it makes a fabulous scene..can see this beauty in pink too..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have to have that stamp too ;), it's gorgeous. Your card is stunning, Kat. BEautiful colours. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh, love this. I certainly could be used for other seasons or no season at all, just for pinkness! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Kat, how is things ?
    I LOVE this stamp (and the candi die) and you are right it could well be used all year round. The colors on this are SO perfect !
    I do hope you are well.
    Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh! Beautiful! I absolutely love this Kat! What a creative and delightful piece - love what you have done with each of the 'baubles'. It is going into my 'Inspiration' file.
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Kat :o) (& you definitely needed that new stamp! ;o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm...my candy dots are not as smooth as yours! No surprise there. I need more practice, & possibly paper thicker than I have used so far. Early days! These dotty stamps are so versatile, I keep coming up with different 'looks'. I love this card Kat, accenting the grey against the beautiful blue. Is the fence a new die too? Don't recall seeing it before! Very nice. Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this stamp! So cool! :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is awesome!! Can't believe you made all them baubles yourself!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, the colors are perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)