Thursday 14 July 2016

My 'trademark' - can you guess?!

Hello lovely people,

It's half way through the week and so far I have completed a few tasks;
- I decluttered our en-suite cupboard and organised the remaining items into some new plastic bins; I LOVE to have new storage for things!
- I ordered a new side table for the lounge
- I updated my Folksy shop with some new cards

Other than that I may have got a little sidetracked by crafting - lol!

While I try to get a few more jobs done today, it's time for a new challenge for you at As You Like It and our theme is...

YOUR 'TRADEMARK' STYLE...
...i.e. what defines your style 
...and don't forget to tell us why!

Our sponsor this time is Digi Stamp Boutique with a £10 voucher

My trademark has to be stitching since it is on almost all of my cards, no matter what style.  I love the subtle detail it adds and the way it 'finishes' the edges.
I also find it very therapeutic as I do all of it by hand!

The card is for someone leaving to have a baby and since they don't know if it's a boy or girl I went for neutral colours.

Handmade card for someone leaving to have a baby, with neutral colours



I was excited to play with my new co-ordinating stamps and dies for this card and I wasn't sure if paying extra for the dies would be worth it but it totally is!

I wouldn't usually go to the bother of fussy cutting the elements, but the dies make it so easy, which means I can create a design like this one where I have raised up the babygros slightly on foam pads.

I am continuing my current love affair with Frantage, but I do like to be quite sparing with it to add just a hint of detail.

Handmade card for someone leaving to have a baby, with neutral colours

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
Image & sentiment: Little bundle stamps and co-ordinating dies - Lawn Fawn (from Dies to Die For)
DP: Vintage baby - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Dies: Scallop circles - Tonic Studios, Circle stax - MFT Die-namics
Charm - Baby time charms and spacers - The Hobby House
Frantage shabby white embossing enamel

19 comments:

  1. If you'd have asked me what your trademark is, I'd have certainly said your fabulous stitching too.. it always looks so good on anything you make, and obviously this is no exception! Like you say, the neutral colours are perfect for an expectant Mum.. and I do love those papers you've used - including that pretty teddy border!

    I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with your fabulous make!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching always looks fab and this is such a cute card. Love the little babygros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dashing in from work for a bit of quick commenting while drinking my coffee during a quiet moment......roll on the weekend.

    I love to hand stitch my cards too, I find it very relaxing, but it is time consuming, so I no longer do it on ALL my cards anymore. It is lovely to use as an accent though.
    Your card is delightful, it's always good to go neutral when we don't know the babies gender, and even when we do. That little washing line of baby clothes is so sweet and the perfect focal point for the card. Matching dies do give a lovely effect, mostly I fussy cut my images, but sometimes they are just too finnicky and the dies also give that lovely smooth and rounded finish.
    Love that little safety pin charm too, the perfect finishing touch. Hope you do well on the de-cluttering today. I tidied all my craft stuff at the weekend, but now it's only Thursday and I can't see the dining table for stuff! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card for an expectant mum, love the papers and your beautiful details too. Your stitching certainly is your trademark and this card is no exception, always neat and finishes off the edges beautifully.
    Good luck with the de-cluttering, I think I should hire a professional for my room, lol.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful Kat, and I have to agree with everyone about your stitching, your cards always look so fab with it on.
    Sounds like you have been busy !! I do hope you are finding some relaxing time :)
    Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card to welcome the new arrival. Love the lace and die. The teddy ribbon looks gorgeous and like the the little nappy pin , nice touch. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kat..I always wondered how you did your stitching so perfect..now I know and always think it adds the perfect detail.Love the neutral colours and your design.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Kat, love the papers and little line of baby grows.
    Your stitching always looks fabulous and I would recognise one of your cards anywhere.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. Always love your stitching. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous baby card Kat... Loving the neutral colours...love your hand stitching...not tried that YET!!!
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous stitching and perfectly inked edges! They are def your trademark and always make your work so beautiful and individual too!
    This is just beautiful as always! Loving the neutral tones!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutley gorgeous hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kat, I really love the baby grows and your stitching is always so neat!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kat, ...well...I didn't need three guesses I knew straightaway! This is an absolutely exquisite card. I love the vintage sepia effect you have used and everything about this card is absolutely perfect. I am completely taken with that beautiful Deign Paper - the little gambolling bears are total gorgeousness!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't need any clues either Kat!! Your stitching is always exquisite and your cards just wouldn't be the same without it!! This one is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I thought you used a sewing machine! It's so neat!
    A super lovely baby card Kat, I love the papers and pretty embellies :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Kat! I can't believe you 'handstitch' all your cards! I thought you must whip them up on some snazzy wee machine! They truly are a labour of love and work of art hunny, each and every one! Love these gorgeous Maja papers, I've been making a wee Baby Album for a friend with some of these papers and oh my, there are some delish pages and images in this set. Love the neutral tones on this one and works perfectly for boy or girl. Stunning hun in every little detail and yes, I know your creations before I see your name, you have a very special, very gorgeous style and they are recognisably 'you'. Love that! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yup, I know your cards when I see them, and this one's another beauty. I love your stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Kat...your cards are always so breathtaking and I assumed you used a sewing maching - I BOW DOWN TO YOU GIRL! Gorgeous xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)