Monday 11 July 2016

Peace on Earth

Hello lovely people,

I have just 9 weeks left of my career break and now my course and the USA trip are all done and dusted, I am suddenly feeling an urgency to tick off a few more goals for the year.

So, this week my plans include;
 - making serious inroads towards completing the Kit and Clowder skin/hair colouring class
- buying a few new kitchen items that we need; kettle, saucepans, hand blender
- start seriously decluttering the house

I have made a start today by sorting through all the accumulated stuff in the area behind the sofa in the cinema room and got rid of loads :-)

I did find time to play with some of the new release Christmas images from LOTV though.  I say 'new' but actually the image I have used today is one of our returning friends.

Christmas angel in traditional red and green (image from LOTV)

I never had this cutie the first time round (I'm shocked too!) but couldn't resist her second time around :-)

I was planning to colour her dress in white because...well, it's easiest!  At the last minute I decided to make life a little harder for myself and go for red instead because I thought it would match the papers better *sigh*

Christmas angel in traditional red and green (image from LOTV)

I often like non-traditional colours for Christmas cards but this Maja Design collection is so beautiful and it does suit the angel rather well I think.

Christmas angel in traditional red and green (image from LOTV)



The release date for all the images is...TOMORROW!!
As usual, I would get in quick if you don't want to miss out...there are some super cute new stamps and more fab returning friends :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
Image: Christmas angel flying - LOTV (coming back soon!)
DP: A Gift for you - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Dies: Fanciful trim - Creative Expressions
Charm: Holly leaves tiny - The Ribbon Girl

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E41/43/47
Dress: R27/46/89
Wings: W00/1/3
Holly: BG93/96 & R59/89

16 comments:

  1. A charming little Christmas Angel and superb colouring as always Kat. Love these papers and your floral arrangements and charm.
    Is it really only nine weeks until your year is up? It is frightening how time has flown, but look at what you've achieved in this year - it's been a marvellous one for you, well done.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweet little angel and colouring her dress red really looks great. Love the backing paper and pretty flowers. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have a spoonful of your energy please Kat?...you seem to lead a full and satisfying life,,,,and still have time to craft! Card is beautiful, lovely papers and your angel in red is coloured so well too.Would love to see her in white too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so gorgeous in her red dress Kat..coloured beautifully and love the papers and flowers..just beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really only 9 weeks left?! How quick has that gone!

    Love this little angel...have her coloured up in white but that's as far as I have got! The papers are so pretty and I love your layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful Kat, love the pretty die cut edge at the top, superb touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kat, love the image and the papers. Can't believe that your year's career break is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Kat, I love these wee angels and I love the colours too :)
    Good luck with your goals!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful card, love your coloring and color choices.
    hugs from France, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely Christmas card, I really need to get cracking on mine as I think I have the grand total of 3 made so far! Well you did leap in the deep end with red didn't you, a blooming difficult colour to tackle with Copics, though i think it's even worse with Distress Inks as they tend to come out pinkish and then to build the depth of colour can be really tricky. Mind you I don't always find white that easy either! Right that's my late lunch break over, I best get back to work! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat - oh my - this is absolutely beautiful. Your expert colouring looks amazing and red was certainly the perfect choice for her dress. Your card design is exquisite with those beautiful papers and your wonderful attention to detail - your are a superstar! *sigh* the time certainly does go by too quickly! I am impressed that you are decluttering - we need to do that but keep putting off.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image and card Kat. Your colouring is fantastic, I wish I could do the same. Well done on de-cluttering, it makes you feel good! We moved house 20months ago, after living in the same house for 34 years! Boy, did we clear some stuff :-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kat.... your red colouring is seriously fabulous... and so difficult to achieve without the usual bleeding happening! I also love how it matches the papers you've chosen too... it's a perfect card!

    Only 9 weeks to go?? Be aware..... time goes so fast when you're working to a date... Barry's career break went all too soon, and we didn't manage to get half of the things on our list done.... but what the heck, we enjoyed ourselves!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww absolutely scrumptious! Love the flowers and colours!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh yes! Those papers are perfect for that wee Angel! I LOVE the way you've coloured her. That red is deep and rich and gorgeous and looks oh so fabulous on her, perfect choice! Beautiful trim across the top and gorgeous layers and blooms. A beautiful Christmas card. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)