Thursday 21 July 2016

Summer swing

Hello lovely people,

I'm going to start with a couple of important announcements...

 Firstly I see I have picked up a handful of new followers in the last few weeks so thank you for joining me and hope you enjoy my combination of papercrafting and random ramblings!

Secondly, thanks to everyone who wished my Dad good luck in his Ironman distance triathlon at the weekend and he did it!

I'm going to share some photos from the event but if you are looking for my card then keep scrolling down!

I was never going to roll out of bed in time to see Dad finish the 3.8km swim section, but we arrived in time for the end of the 180km cycle ride and he was smiling!


 Then it was on to the run section...just a marathon...easy peasy - lol!


As you can see, it was a beautiful sunny day for us to laze around and cheer him on, but probably not so fun to compete in!


He finished in 14 hours 40 minutes and was STILL smiling and standing upright...what an absolutely inspirational and fantastic achievement :-)


Finally, I can report a productive week so far with lots of decluttering done (it feels so good to get rid of stuff!), a couple of completed Kit & Clowder lessons and of course, plenty of ice-cream eating!

But now it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink


Our theme this time is...

GET OUT YOUR RUBBER!

So, we want to see you using any kind of rubber stamp on your project and don't forget to use more pink than any other colour!

Our fabulous sponsor this time is Dies to Die For with a £10 voucher


I just had to use my favourite shaped base before I got withdrawal symptoms - lol!

I always seem to take wonky photos but am good at fixing them before they go on my blog, however, I think I didn't quite get it right with this one...it still looks slightly wonky to me - oops!

Shaped pink card with couple on swing (image from LOTV)


This is the first outing for the stamp...and I still have plenty more I haven't used yet!

I guess that's what happens when you are easily tempted by shiny new stamps all the time ;-)

Shaped pink card with couple on swing (image from LOTV)


I used a new die set for the foliage, which has a couple of slightly different styles of leaves included; I find you can never have too many foliage dies so you can choose what suits the design best.

I also really like ones like in this set that can be cut into sections as they are more versatile and I prefer to use just small bits peeking out from the flowers.

And yes, that's my new dies/stamps again for the tag...you will be seeing these a lot!

Shaped pink card with couple on swing (image from LOTV)


If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
DP: Devoted - Carta Bella
Dies (all available from Dies to Die For): Large frilly frames #10 - Go Kreate, Circle stax - MFT Die-namics, Bloomers greenery - Taylored Expressions, Mini tags - Mama Elephant
Sentiment (from Dies to Die For): Mini messages - Mama Elephant

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Girl's hair: Y21/YR23/E35
Boy's hair: E53/35/37
Dress / bow: R83/85/RV19
Girl's socks: RV0000/000/R81
Shirt / boys' socks: W00/1/2
Tank top: E42/43/44
Shoes: E42/43/44/47
Swing: E40/41/42

22 comments:

  1. Wow!! Hats off to your dad what an achievement!!! (lovely card too :-) xx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your Dad Kat...
    Fabulous card ... Stunning colouring....
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your colouring is amazing Kat, especially on their hair, which I find so difficult. A beautiful design and always good to use new stash.
    A fabulous achievement for your Dad too, well done to him.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a super Dad you have, great to see that he's so fit still. Love your card, like you I am often tempted by the new shiny stamps and I'm ashamed to admit that I have more than a few still un-inked. My tags and sentiments came yesterday in the post. so I'm looking forward to using those and thanks again for the inspiration (since i just 'had' to purchase a few other bits with them, my bank is not thanking you quite so much lol!). Hope you enjoy the rest of your time off, you certainly have the best of the weather this week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kat! What an amazing achievement by your dadda! How lovely to be there to cheer him on too. You must be well proud of him, that really is an undertaking, well done him! Thanks for sharing the pics, lovely to see them.

    Gorgeous card, I have this stamp too, and I have to confess to colouring it once, but never making it up into a card, I must remedy that!! It is easy to be seduced by new rubber, but I have so many gorgeous stamps, I need to make a better effort to use what I have. LOVE your fabulous card design, the new tag die is fab-u-lous!! So is the lovely foliage die too. A truly beautiful, perfectly pink card. Love it hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo (Don't know what you mean about wobbly pic either, looks fab to me! xo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible achievement for your dad! Amazing!! Is that you I spy in the stunning dress!! Looking gorgeous as always! :-)
    And a stunning card to finish the post! Oh that dies makes me giggle because I'm always so fussy with my photos being exactly straight too and take loads and spend ages inspecting each one to see which it straightest haha!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations to Dad a fantastic achievement indeed!! Another fantastic achievement is this delightful card...such a cute stamp and perfectly coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow well done to your Dad, super fit man. Gorgeous gorgeous card, love the image and my fave shape. You are right you can't have too many foliage dies and I love chopping them like you do x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring of that image is superb Kat and of course a fabulous card. Well done to your Dad...what a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kat, I love this card, the image is gorgeous as is the colouring. Fabulous card design and love the flowers. So glad your dad finished and
    I am amazed how he kept smiling. Top Man . Hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations to your Dad. What an achievement, you must be so proud of him.
    Your card is absolutely gorgeous. The stamp is so sweet and you've coloured them beautifully. I love the design and pretty flowers too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done to your Dad Kat..fantastic achievement and I love your gorgeous card with the flowers and sweet image coloured beautifully..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Well done to your Dad! What an achievement!
    And a super gorgeous card too Kat, a beautifully coloured LOTV image and I love the layout with the pretty flowers :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Kat - I am in awe of your colouring as always!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kat, lovely shape and design. Congratulations to your Dad, what an amazing achievement!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW..... Your Dad did GOOD!!! What an amazing achievement!

    And then YOU did good too....... as I'm loving your gorgeous card as always.. you have a knack of putting everything together so well.. and of course, that little LOTV image in incredibly coloured... so it's all perfect!

    I think that little tag and sentiment finish it off perfectly.... and they MAY just have happened to drop into my basket when I last shopped at DTDF!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dad is amazing Kat !! well done to him.
    Such a pretty card as always, love the colouring. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kat - firstly wow to your Dad and his amazing achievements - totally awesome!!!!
    Secondly - your card is as always total perfection - adorable image so beautifully coloured.
    Love all the pretty floral details.
    Sorry it's been a while seen I popped by - life is wonderfully busy at the moment!!!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow well done to your Dad Kat - though I think you have to be a little bit mad as well as fit to do an iron man!! - he looks as if he's just been for a stroll not a big challenge like he has done. As for the card I really love it- this was the first LOTV stamp I ever bought I think and it hasn't seen daylight for several years though it's one of my favourites from LOTV (I just had a quick scroll through my photos Nov 2011 - wow that's a card making lifetime!!) I also love those cute tags and sentiments - but I'm not looking to closely because I'll probably be divorced if I buy any more goodies this month lol. Have a lovely weekend hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, huge conrats to your dad, an amazing achievement that makes me feel tired just thinking about. Your card is one of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time Kat although you're still a bit early for my birthday! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and adorable image! Love the layout and your colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)