Saturday 9 July 2016

Vintage Summer alliums

Hello lovely people,

Are you all having a good weekend?  I do hope so :-)

I have been having a little play in my craft room and despite the cloudy weather I have been bringing a little Summer to my crafting today.

I have made a LOTV card to support the challenge currently running on the LOTV Facebook page with the theme of SUMMER IN THE GARDEN.

I was sorting through all my paper pads a couple of days ago and removing the ones I am never going to use, but it also reminded me of a few oldies but goodies lurking in there...like these pretty Kaisercraft ones.

Pink allium card (image from LOTV)


Colouring this image is very simple but you can still add plenty of detail and I added some very pale green dots around the flower heads and some white Nuvo drops around the whole image.

Pink allium card (image from LOTV)

I made this feel quite vintage with inked edges, Kraft card and twine, and I layered up 3 of the word die cuts to make it stand out a bit more.

Pink allium card (image from LOTV)







I'm now off for a cheeky afternoon tea as I have a couple of homemade scones that need eating up with some jam and clotted cream...yum :-)

Then Dr. Hubby and I are going to snuggle up and watch the latest Star Wars film in our cinema room...we haven't seen it yet so am rather excited about that!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
DP: Tigerlily - Kaisercraft
Tag: Sentiment tags - LOTV
Dies: Thanks word - Paper Smooches, Tiny butterfly set - Impression Obsession
Pearls: from stash

Copic colours;
Flowers: R81/83/85
Leaves / stems / around flowers: BG90/93

13 comments:

  1. lovely card and those little butterflies just finish it off perfectly - dont eat too many scones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring of your flowers Kat..love the added green dots..fabulous papers and design..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Kat, love this stamp and the colours you've chosen for it.
    Love the new Star Wars film - hope you enjoy it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kat...but then everyone you make is!! Enjoy the film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this gorgeous image Kat and of course, your card is beautiful! I think I have that butterfly paper lurking somewhere too... I mean, what haven't I got in that room? LOL! The walls are groaning a little now! I do love Aliums - although ours haven't done so well this year - probably down to the weather!

    Hope you enjoyed your film... we also sat and watched a DVD because it was throwing it down here yesterday... We watched The Railway Man with Colin Firth... I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see some summer Kat as ours seems to be in short supply this year!! Love the pretty paper, it's a perfect backdrop to the pretty stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kat, The image is so pretty and like the Nuvo drops around it. Gorgeous papers and nice addition of the butterflies and twine. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pretty and delicate flowers certainly bring a Summer feel to your card, love the papers and simple design to show them off beautifully.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Kat. The flowers look so pretty, along with the papers.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you've used to make this gorgeous card and the way you've layers up the die cut words. Vintage without the fuss.
    Love Alli Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soft vintage feel of this and love this pad, I think it's Tiger Lily isn't it? Hope you enjoyed the film! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's far too long since I've stopped by your blog hun, the days are just mental when the kids are on school break. But I've been swooning over your delish creation on FB, so really wanted to do a bit of a catch up! Love this card to bits, the blooms are fabulous and the little details are perfect, love the effect the wee green dots and white around the edge give. Gorgeous papers, they were well worth rediscovering and the Vintage feel is just right for them! Love the wee butterflies, such a simple and perfect finish with the twine and the layering up of the sentiment too, so clever and so effective! Love this one to bits! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ever wanted to get free Instagram Likes?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FREE by getting an account on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)