Sunday 9 October 2016

Getting sentimental

Hello lovely people,

I hope you are all having lovely weekends and doing things you enjoy :-)

I was happily crafting away most of yesterday and had a most productive day.
We then went out to our favourite local Indian restaurant with friends in the evening and tried out a couple of new dishes on the menu which were absolutely gorgeous :-)

I think I shall be getting stuck into Christmas cards today but the card I have to share with you today is harking back to Summer I think!
I've used lots of gorgeous goodies from The Ribbon Girlincluding a beautiful chipboard piece as the focal point for my card

Shabby chic floral birthday card with chipboard words

The chipboard lettering looks lovely just as it comes but I did pop a couple of coats of white acrylic paint on top of this one; I just sponged it on with a small piece of Cut-n-Dry foam.

Shabby chic floral birthday card with chipboard words

The chipboard lends itself beautifully to a shabby chic style so I added lots of pretty embellies and just a hint of cheesecloth.

Shabby chic floral birthday card with chipboard words

Enjoy your Sunday folks!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



14 comments:

  1. Stunning and very effective.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a beautiful card, lovely soft colours and I love the chipboard sentiment.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shabby chic card Holley, that chipboard centre looks fabulous. Gorgeous backing papers and just love the flowers. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kat..love the papers and stitching and the sentiment as a focal point is just lovely..love the crossed ribbon too..gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Kat, gorgeous embellies and an all round gorgeous card.
    Sounds like a lovely weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Kat, and you've used some of my favourite papers (of course I have a 'few' favourites) too. That chipboard sentiment makes a perfect focal point. I have quite the bit of catching up to do after my trip, so I will be by again during the week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous use of that chipboard sentiment Kat... love how you framed it and designed the card around it!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww Kat - this is absolutely gorgeous. The colours you have put together look so striking and I love your pretty embellishments. The curled corners are a genius design idea and everything about this is just perfect, it looks wonderful. You really are super clever.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card... Kat... Love the Sentiment...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful birthday card, I like the tiny piece of cheesecloth peeping out from the flowers, very effective. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me, it is the beautiful delicate lacy edging that really contrasts with the simple chipboard sentiment and gives this card zing. Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat this is so beautiful! I love your choice of papers!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card, gorgeous papers and embellies
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)