Thursday 27 October 2016

Polar friends in pink

Hello lovely people,

I'm a little late with my DT post but this was sadly down to me being rather poorly with a vomiting bug on Wednesday.  I am not 100% yet but feeling a lot better so I was able to do a little gentle crafting today.


It's time for another exciting new challenge at In The Pink and our theme is...

LOTS OF LAYERS
Don't forget we want to see more pink than any other colour!

Our fabulous sponsor this time is Polkadoodles with a £6.75 voucher

I was itching to grab all my pretty embellies for this design but I really must try to keep my Christmas cards flat for posting so I resisted!

All the layers add plenty of interest anyway and a few die cut details and a smattering of Nuvo drops did the rest :-)

Pink Christmas card with girl on polar bear (image is Winnie Winterland Polar Friends by Polkadoodles)


This is such a lovely detailed image that maybe adding embellies would have detracted from it anyway.

Pink Christmas card with girl on polar bear (image is Winnie Winterland Polar Friends by Polkadoodles)

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
DP: from stash
Dies: Stitched scallop edges - MFT Die-namics, Tiny snowflake set - Impression Obsession, Mini snowflakes - Xcut
Sentiment: Christmas circular sentiments - LOTV
Gloss white Nuvo Crystal drops - Tonic Studios

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: Y21/YR23/E35
All pink bits: R81/83/85
Green clothing: YG61/63
Tree: YG61/63/67
Polar bear: W00/0/1/2
Basket / saddle: E42/43/44
Penguins: W00/1 & W 4/5/7 & YR23
Ground: W00/0/1/2/3

13 comments:

  1. So stunning Kat..wonderful colouring and love all the layers and your design..beautiful..hope you feel real better soon...take care.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. Fabulous card, love that image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon x I live this such a cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the sweet image and your beautiful colouring of it. Hope you feel much better soon...xx
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are u dear the weather Kat, hope you are feeling better today. Your card is gorgeous and yes not adding embellishments is correct as the image is simply gorgeous and deserve to be the focal point. As always gorgeous backing papers. Take care, hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colouring on this Kat and the card is just delicious! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Kat.
    I hope you get better real soon, so many bugs going round at the moment.
    Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'm still swooning every time I see this card.... it's just soooooooooo gorgeous!!

    Hope you're better today..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring of that polar bear...and the rest of course is really superb! Lovely card and i do hope you are feeling much much better now...nasty bugs around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kat, the image is so cute and you have coloured it beautifully. Sorry to read that you have been poorly, hopefully you feel better now.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful image and a beautiful card Kat. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)