Wednesday 7 December 2016

Be merry embroidery hoop

Hello lovely people,

I love a good craft room day...and today has definitely been one of those!  There's still plenty more time to keep on crafting as Dr. Hubby is away so I can craft as long as I like ;-)

I thought I'd take a little break from colouring to show you something a bit different; it's a 3" embroidery hoop that I have made into a Christmas decoration.

I glued DP to card so it was nice and sturdy then covered the front and the back of the hoop.

Embroidery hoop Christmas decoration with poinsettia in traditional colours

I used my beautiful poinsettia die and various snipped up die cuts to add decoration and finished it with a computer-generated sentiment and pearls.

The back is covered with DP but otherwise left plain.

Embroidery hoop Christmas decoration with poinsettia in traditional colours




I really loved making this and was delighted with how it turned out so do let me know what you think of it :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
DP: A gift for you - Maja Design
Dies: Circle STAX - MFT Die-namics, Stitched poinsettia trio - Poppystamps, Tall Chloe stem - Memory Box, Fancy flourish - MFT Die-namics


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kat..what a clever idea and it came out fabulous..love the flowers and pearls..fantastic.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it Kat...absolutely gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty & clever & love the colours. Mumx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty embroidered hoop, great die cuts. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kat, this is a gorgeous decoration and would look fabulous on any wall! I particularly love that poinsettia.. and the paper you chose to cut it from!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! Such a brilliant idea too, you are so creative!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea to use an embroidery hoop like this. It works fantastically well, I'm quite tempted to try it out with lots of wintery flowers and foliage, so thank you for the inspiration! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice, Kat! I love your poinsettia die. It's is fun to see such a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)