Saturday 31 December 2016

Peaceful snowy church

Hello lovely people,

I wasn't planning to share any more Christmas projects now the big day has been and gone, but I am going to make an exception for two more posts...and here is the first one.

I found myself gravitating towards very muted colours when choosing the papers for this card and really liked the end result, plus it's a little bit different.

It's also one of the very few projects that I made using my gorgeous new snowflake dies; I hope to use these much more next year!

Snowy church Christmas card (image from LOTV)



This beautiful church scene is from LOTV and this image makes me feel very peaceful...and it was very therapeutic to colour too with my Inktense pencils.

I added delicate lines of sparkle across the tops of the snow and trees and on all the snowfall dots, using a Quickie glue pen and loose white glitter, and the whole scene sparkles beautifully...IRL!

Snowy church Christmas card (image from LOTV)




I hope you all have a lovely last few hours of 2016; I think a lot of people are going to be glad to see the back of it!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
Image: Christmas scenes - Snowy church - LOTV
DP: A gift for you - Maja Designs
Dies: Stylish snowflakes - MFT Die-namics
Sentiment: computer generated

Inktense colours;
Church stonework: Indian ink
Windows: Sicilian yellow
Trees: Light olive
Snow: Iris blue
Path / tree trunks: Tan, Oak

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous design and I'm loving the muted colours too.
    Happy New Year!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Kat,lovely church scene and the backing papers look fabulous. Happy New Year. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kat..love the church image and soft colouring and the papers,colours and card design is fabulous..Happy New Year 2017..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the muted colours gorgeous card. Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kat! Happy New Year!
    Hugs Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your non traditional coloured Christmas card. A beautiful snowy scene too.
    Happy New Year to you.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Love that image and the paper combo really sets it off beautifully. Gorgeous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)